Mid-West Family is locally owned by shareholder employees. We love La Crosse and feel responsible for making a difference in our corner of the world. For this reason, community service is a core value of our organization. In addition to service, we inform, entertain and help local businesses thrive. If you're talented, creative and ready to serve , you might be perfect for our team.
Current opportunities will be posted here.
Broadcast Engineer and Operations Manager
Broadcast Engineer and Operations Manager
Mid-West Family La Crosse is an independently owned broadcast and multimedia marketing agency in La Crosse, WI. We’re looking for a team leader tasked with keeping broadcast, IT and facility operations humming. Ideal candidates will be creative problem solvers and students of their trade. This is a department head role with one or more direct reports. The salary range is 55k-75k and will be based upon experience.
- Perform routine studio equipment maintenance and repair, as well as configuration changes
- Computer workstation installation, administration, and troubleshooting
- Provide user support on computers, printers, tablets, phones and other tool of operations
- Be on call with other members of the technical team. Would include nights and weekends as needed when technical problems occur
- Assist with systems administration with, but not limited to, the following brands: Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Google, HP, Ubiquiti
- Maintain the backup and recovery operations for staff files, client projects along with on-air and online productions
- Development, construction, and instructional assistance of multipurpose and multimedia rooms for presentations, video conferencing and teleconferencing
- Keep up to date on the latest in media software
- Remote audio/video broadcast setup and operation including streaming over cellular networks
- Proficiency with Office 365 along with managing users and applications
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, techniques, and the OSI model is preferred, but not required.
- Long range planning of facility upgrades
- Learn and perform various audio and video responsibilities such as
- Routing and signal flow
- Audio processing and compression for voice and music
- Audio and file automation systems o
- Image and video processing and manipulation
- Audio/video recording, mixing, editing and production for radio, podcasting, social media, and sporting events.
- Audio/video encoding and streaming for web
- Three or more years of broadcast engineering support work preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and grow
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and ability to train others
- Technologically savvy with the ability to problem solve and adapt quickly
- Maintain fun and positive work culture through authenticity and hard work
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license with a good driving record required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work at various heights from a ladder
- Must have a love and passion for music and the music industry!
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid West Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Business Development Specialist
Business Development Specialist Mid-West Family La Crosse
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Job Category: Sales and Marketing
Job Type: Full Time This is NOT a remote position and requires living in the area.
Job Details: A Business Development Specialist spends 75-85% their time prospecting for new business and building relationships with members of the local business community to make them aware of the suite of marketing services Mid-West Family has available to help their business grow both awareness and revenue. This career is about shaking hands, building trust, and selling marketing strategies to the local business owner that achieve ROI for that business.
As the dominant local content producer in the region, we empower you to leverage our powerful and successful brands, influencers, and strategy to bring measurable marketing results to our clients. This career offers a great deal of freedoms while being a part of a company that follows core values focused around serving our community. Mid-West Family provides you with extensive training and resources to support your success
Prefer: Experience in sales and marketing, but willing to train and development qualified candidate. Experience developing and selling marketing ideas and concepts but will train the qualified candidate.
- Superior relationship building skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team setting
- Digital and social acumen required
- Ability to drive for work – valid driver’s license and insurance
- Ability to work remotely without direct oversight
- Qualify the wants and needs to the local business owner swiftly
- The ability to sell new clients and upgrade current customers
- The desire to learn on an on-going basis
- High problem-solving skills
- Represent and communicate the Mid-West Family suite of products and services
Mid-West Family La Crosse is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume to email@example.com